Joining Real Madrid Is Not Impossible - Xabi Alonso


Real Madrid could yet land the midfielder from Liverpool this summer...
29 Jun 2009 14:23:47

Xabi Alonso has refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid this summer and has explained that he has not closed the door on any possibilities amidst reports that he could leave Liverpool.

The Basque Country midfielder has been linked with a switch to the Bernabeu this summer, but the rumours have subsided after manager Rafa Benitez stated he wanted the player to stay.

But Alonso was asked about his thoughts on moving back to la Primera with Madrid by Don Balon and he revealed that any number of things could still happen.

"In respect to all this I have not closed any door and we will just have to wait and see what happens," he told the weekly football magazine.

"It is always positive when various teams are said to want you because that is better than nobody being interested, but I cannot say much more.

"I know that I have to keep playing well and will be able to decide what happens next whenever it arises.

"I do not think a move to Real Madrid is impossible, but I would also have no regrets at all staying at Liverpool."

Benitez has been unhappy that both Alonso and Javier Mascherano have been linked with moves to la Primera, but the Spain international does not think the reports will affect their relationship.

"My relationship with Benitez is professional, just like he has with any other player. I believe that is how things will stay too," Alonso continued.

"I am happy in England and have adapted, but I do miss certain things from Spain. I cannot rule out a move or even staying in the Premier League.

"I am happy there and although I was a bit homesick at the start, I am still there.

"This situation is normal for me because I know what is actually happening, away from what is being reported. For that reason I am perfectly calm."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment